Thursday, July 5, 2007

Hard Work Pays Off...

About Drexel: Aside from Drexel's awesome Co-op program where you get to work full-time for 6 months, there are opportunities during the school year for part time jobs. I was lucky enough to be awarded with federal work study during my Freshmen year. I looked through Drexel's website which provided places on campus that were hiring. I had an interest in film and I knew that Drexel had a TV station so I looked for jobs there. I found one and I called the number and the guy on the phone said "Awesome, when can you come in?" It was quick and painless and I was excited to start. Although I only worked there for a term since I had two other jobs, it was a great experience. Throughout my employment with DUTV, I helped paint the studio floors, assist with preparing props, dubbed media and learned some vital behind the scenes information.

About Me: I mentioned above that I had two other jobs. I was quite a busy bee after my senior year of high school (Central High 264!). That summer after I graduated, I worked as a busboy for a restaurant in Chinatown and then a cashier for a pizza shop in Center City at the same time. Once school started in Drexel, I dropped the busboy job and kept the cashier one. Then I worked for DUTV as well as Riverview United Artist Theatre. So yes, working 3 jobs and being a full-time student taking 17 credits was not a good idea. Eventually I had to start leaving the jobs but the money I made during the time was well worth it.

Song of the Day: Gwen Stefani- 4 In The Morning

No comments: