Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Time of Transition...

About Drexel: There are currently 4 regular Freshmen dorms and an Honors Freshmen dorm at Drexel. I actually have never lived outside of home before. I have been living in Philly for more than 17 years and I've always lived with my family. However, this summer, the office I work for offered me free housing if I would dedicate my room for university related events. It is a nice trade-off because it is a great opportunity for me to go through "the college experience" that I had lacked. I moved into Towers this past Sunday. It is still a bit quiet because this current week is our break week in between the end of Spring Term and the beginning of Summer Term (starting on Monday). A lot of people went home or are on vacation. Every Freshmen has their summer off so I recommend living it to the fullest when that time comes. But back to living in the dorms, I moved in most of my stuff by now. The room is actually bigger than I thought. For those that has seen our showroom in tours, my room is just about that size. My roommate is not moving in until the end of the month so I get the whole place to myself for now. My parents came over to take a look yesterday. My mom said it reminded her of a hotel. I can see the similarity. There are a bunch of rooms within the floor, but the only difference is, the bathroom is not in the room. I'm looking forward to next week when classes begin and more people living on my floor.

About Me: Speaking of living your summer vacation to the fullest, I had quite an amazing summer break last year. I decided to take a trip to Disneyworld because I had never been there before. I went with my best friend and we stayed for a week. We had a blast! From visiting all the parks to living in one of the resorts, it was an experience I will never forget. Right after I left Florida, I flew over to California to meet up with my cousins. We were in the mood to traveling. In the course of a week, we drove down to Ensenada, Mexico, up to Las Vegas, then back West to Hollywood. This was in the middle of August so I had June and July to work up the money for it. I remember working 60 hour weeks in the pizzaria but it was all worth it.




Song of the Day: J-Minor- Summer Luv

No comments: